serotonilääkkeet, lääketeollisuuden rahasampo

Mielestäni serotonilääkkeet ovat lääketeollisuuden rahasampo, joilla lääketeollisuus käärii kahisevaa ihmisten terveyden kustannuksella. Serotoniinilääkkeiden aiheuttamat sivuoireet ovat sitä luokkaa, että jo olisi aika tunnustaa tämä tieteen harha vääräksi.

Why Most New Antidepressants Are Ineffective: And How Pharmaceutical Companies Have Deceived Doctors
I am a lifelong pharmacologist, my professional life as a ‘psychiatrist’ (I actually prefer to be called a clinical neuropharmacologist) has been spent treating depressive illnesses that require drugs. I have published a number of original papers on psychopharmacology in the most prestigious scientific journals (none of my papers have had any connection with, or funding from, pharmaceutical companies). No-one can typify me as an anti-drug lobbyist with a fringe anti-medicine agenda. However, the situation that I see, as I teeter on the brink of ‘retirement’, is that the current generation of doctors have been hoodwinked into using drugs that just do not work, and that doctors and medical science itself have been corrupted with some very serious problems that will require radical intervention to remedy. Most people who read this can help to change things, so read on, and I will suggest how.

Most of the new antidepressant drugs introduced in the last twenty years do not work effectively. The evidence about them presented to doctors, even in the most respected leading medical journals, is closer to advertising copy than it is to science. There is clear and incontrovertible evidence that scientific data and publications are controlled, manipulated and subverted by international pharmaceutical companies to an extent that would astonish most ordinary people, including doctors. Indeed the situation has precipitated the resignation of the editor of the British Medical Journal (BMJ). It is also clear that large numbers of famous and influential doctors have put their names to ‘scientific papers’ that have been written by professional copy writers employed by pharmaceutical companies (‘ghost writing’) with the doctors names (after nefarious favours, and transferring of greenbacks) added for credibility. The Lancet editor, Richard Horton, gave evidence to the UK parliamentary inquiry in 2004 about drugs and the pharmaceutical industry (Select Committee on Health), you may look at the original at the UK Parliament web site:

http://www.parliament.the-stationery-of ... 121604.htm

Kommentit (0)