Liikkuvatko kvantit valoa nopeammin ?

Mm. kaksoisrakokokeen perusteella havaitaan, että kvantit (sama kvantti sijaitsee) sijaitsevat samalla hetkellä joka paikassa maailmankaikkeudessa.

Kommentit (3)

Jaahas vastaus löytyikin jo:

The EPR Paradox.

The experiment is so named because it was a thought experiment devised by Einstein, Boris Podolsky and Nathan Rosen. As with Schrödinger's cat-in-the-box experiment, its purpose was to expose the 'foolishness' of the Copenhagen Interpretation. The experiment focuses on the phenomenon of quantum theory known as 'non-locality', which concerns communication between particles. A pair of protons, for example, associated with one another in a configuration called the singlet state will always have a total angular momentum of zero, as they each have equal and opposite amounts of spin. Just as we have seen in the other experiments, the protons will not collapse their probability wave and 'decide' which spin to adopt, until they have been observed. If you measure the spin of one proton, according to quantum theory, the other proton instantly 'knows' and adopts the opposite spin. So far so good, we have come to expect this sort of behaviour from particles, so what is the problem with this particular experiment?

It is possible, and has been carried out in laboratory tests over a short distance, to split the particles apart and send them in opposite directions and then measure one of them for spin. The instant it is measured, and the spin determined, the other particle adopts the opposite spin. The time interval is zero, the event takes place instantaneously, even though the particles are separated, and theoretically would still do so even if they were separated by a distance measured in light years. This is what upset Einstein, the implication that particles could communicate at faster than light speed, as it is impossible for this to happen according to Einstein's theory of relativity.

At the time this thought experiment was proposed, in the early 1930's, just about the time of Schrödinger's cat-in-the-box thought experiment, it was not actually possible to physically carry out the experiment. Einstein did not live to see it turned into practical reality, which is probably just as well in light of the results produced. This experiment has now actually been carried out over a distance of 10 kilometres and confirmed as correct. Something here is taking place at faster than light speed, although exactly what seems to be a matter of some debate. Regrettably, due to its very nature, no meaningful communication could be made using such a device. Whether or not it will ever have any useful application remains to be seen, but that is not the point. The point is the experiment has proved Einstein wrong, faster than light speed, at least in the quantum world, is a reality. However, in classical physics - at sizes above that of atoms - relativity still remains unchallenged, nothing has been detected at faster than light speed.

As I said at the outset of this section, these three experiments highlight the basic principles involved in quantum theory. I also said they would amaze you, and I hope that you feel that I have kept my word. If you are not amazed by quantum theory, then blame me, for the theory is truly amazing and any disappointment you may have with it can only be due to my inability to do the theory justice.

One last thing you need to know about quantum theory, and that is Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. Heisenberg said that the electron was a particle, but a particle which yields only limited information. It is possible to specify where an electron is at a given moment, but we cannot then impose on it a specific speed and direction at the setting-off. Or conversely, if you fire it at a known speed in a certain direction, then you are unable to specify exactly what its starting-point is - or its end-point. The information that an electron carries is limited in its totally. That is, for instance, its speed and its position fit together in such a way that they are confined by the tolerance of the quantum.

The principle of Uncertainty fixed once for all the realisation that all knowledge is limited, that there is no such thing as absolute certainty.

Tämä informaation välittyminen valonnopeutta nopeammin muuten aiheuttaa painetta tarkastella Einsteinin suhteellisuusteorian kausaliteettia l. syy-seuraussuhdetta uudelta näkökulmalta .

Tämä informaation välittyminen valonnopeutta nopeammin muuten aiheuttaa painetta tarkastella Einsteinin suhteellisuusteorian kausaliteettia l. syy-seuraussuhdetta uudelta näkökulmalta .

EPR-parin avulla ei voida välittää informaatiota ylivalonnopeudella, joten suhteellisuusteorian mukaista kausaliteettivaatimusta ei rikota.

In so far as quantum mechanics is correct, chemical questions are problems in applied mathematics. -- H. Eyring

Niin, ihminen ei voi(vielä) välittää informaatiota EPR-parin välityksella- siitä huolimatta informaatio välittyy välittömästi ja jatkuvasti maailmankaikkeuden kaikkien kvanttien välillä riippumatta etäisyydestä .