Kommentit (2)

deezee
Seuraa 
Viestejä1643
Liittynyt6.6.2011

Laitetaan tämä vielä uudelleen. Verratkaa boldattua kohtaa "we never say marijuana causes these changes" Tiede-lehden uutisen ensimmäiseen kappaleeseen "Kannabiksen käyttäminen vain kerran tai pari viikossa riittää muuttamaan aivojen tunne- ja motivaatioalueiden rakennetta, raportoivat yhdysvaltalaiset tutkijat Journal of Neurosciencessa".

Lainaus:

"I think I saw one headline that was 'Marijuana reshapes the brain' and I groaned — that's not what we did," said Dr. Jodi Gilman, 31, author of the now-famous Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts General Hospital study on marijuana's effects, in an interview with PolicyMic.

Research is full of nuance, and nuance sometimes gets lost in the conversation. The collective freakout over this study had to do with its findings: Certain regions of the brains of people who smoke marijuana are structurally different than people who don't. That got interpreted, at least in headlines and ledes, as marijuana changes your brain.

"The conclusions were modest in the paper — we never say marijuana causes these changes," Gilman said, who's a neuroscientist with a Ph.D. from Brown University. "The media may have given that impression in headlines, but the study doesn't show causation."

http://mic.com/articles/87875/here-s-the-real-story-behind-that-marijuana-changes-your-brain-study

Suosituimmat

Uusimmat

Uusimmat

Suosituimmat