Woman claims sister died after electric shock from iPhone5 charger
A flight attendant with China Southern Airlines was electrocuted in her home when making a call with her iPhone5 on Thursday. Photo:weibo.com
A woman has claimed her 23-year-old sister was killed by an electric shock from her iPhone5 while it was being charged.
Ma Ailun, who worked as a flight attendant for China Southern Airlines, is reported to have been electrocuted on Thursday while she was making a call with her smartphone plugged in, the Guangzhou-based Yangcheng Evening News reported on Sunday.
Police in Changji, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, where the victim and her family reside, confirmed with the Global Times on Sunday that they have received reports from the victim's family and started an investigation, but declined to disclose further details.
Ma's elder sister first revealed details of the incident on Saturday via Sina Weibo.
"(I) hope that Apple can give us an explanation. I also hope that all of you will refrain from using your mobile devices while charging," her post read.
The phone was bought in December, and was still under warranty. It was being charged with the original Apple charger, she wrote.
http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/79607 ... eO3_I0vWpA